The Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts and Massachusetts Interfaith Power and Light are inviting parishes to send one or two representatives to Savings, Sustainability and Spirituality, a summit on church-based efforts to manage energy and environmental issues.
- 8:15-8:45 a.m. Registration, coffee and conversation
- 8:50 Welcome with Bishop Bud Cederholm
- 9:00 The Church and Climate Change: a Moral Imperative? with Brian Rosborough, Founder Earthwatch Institute
- 9:15 Faith and the Environment: A Spiritual Awakening, with the Rev. Margaret Bullitt-Jonas
- 9:30 How Others have Responded, an interfaith panel from those who have made significant changes in their energy consumption. Moderated by Tom Nutt-Powell, Massachusetts Interfaith Power & Light, and working with Temple Beth-El, Belmont; St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Jamaica Plain; First Parish (Unitarian Universalist), Waltham; Trinity Episcopal Church, Weymouth; Islamic Center of Boston, Wayland
- 10:00 A Program for Episcopal Churches - learning from best practices and experts in the field. Moderated by Darcy Immerman, Director of Business Development - Vice President of DMJM Harris, Energy and Power Services
Environmental Stewardship: A first step
Your Carbon Footprint and What To Do
LEED for Greener Churches
Where to turn for HELP
- 10:30 Breakout Sessions in the Lobby. Coffee service open.
- 11:30 Parish Response; Listening and Learning with time for open discussion and innovative suggestions.
- 12:15 p.m. A Call for Community Engagement, Bishop Cederholm and others
- 12:30 Adjourn to Lobby for Box Lunch in small groups
- 1:30 Return to theater for Frontline film preview "Heat " (optional)
- 2:30 WGBH briefing on the Environmental Design of their buildings. Building tours to follow. (optional). The Lobby will be available for discussions and networking. Exhibit Tables will be provided for parish plans and consultations.
Cost for this event is $20.00 per person. To register, please send your name and parish affiliation to Diane Pound, email@example.com. Or register by phone by calling Diane at 617-482-5800, ext. 349. Once registered, please send a check to:
Energy Summit c/o Diane Pound
Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts
138 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111
REGISTRATION ENDS TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14TH. This is a very firm cut off date due to our limited space, so please register early.