Following are local gatherings and services that diocesan parishes and organizations are hosting or participating in. All are welcome. Events will be added as information about them becomes known. E-mail submissions to email@example.com.
Monday, June 13:
• Boston City Hall Plaza Vigil: 6 p.m.
• Grace Church (133 School Street) in New Bedford will be open at 6 p.m. for a time of gathering together, of silence, of words of solidarity and grief, hope and prayer.
• Christ Church (750 Main Street) in Waltham, 6:30 p.m.
• Christ Church in Harwich Port will join other Harwich congregations for a candlelight vigil at 7 p.m. at Pilgrim Congregational Church (533 Route 28) in Harwich Port.
• St. Peter's Church in Weston will join other Weston congregations for a candlelight vigil at 8 p.m. on the front lawn of First Parish (349 Boston Post Road) in Weston.
Tuesday, June 14:
• Trinity Church in Stoughton will join with the Stoughton Clergy Association for a community prayer vigil at 6 p.m. on the lawn at First Parish Unitarian Universalist.
• The Church of St. John the Evangelist in Duxbury will gather with the Duxbury Interfaith Council and the Duxbury Diversity Committee for a candlelight prayer vigil, 7 p.m., on the lawn of First Parish Church (next to Duxbury Town Hall)
• Winchester Interfaith Prayer Vigil, 7 p.m., Winchester Town Common
Wednesday, June 15:
• Healing Mass with Litany for Victims of Gun Violence, 6 p.m., at the Church of the Advent (30 Brimmer Street) in Boston
• The Medford Interfaith Clergy, in cooperation with the Medford Human Rights Commission, will hold a vigil for the Orlando victims and will offer healing prayer for all, at 6 p.m. at Grace Church (160 High Street) in Medford.
• St. Paul's Church (166 High Street) in Newburyport: 6 p.m. service of Evening Prayer followed by participation in a community candlelight vigil at 7 p.m. at Market Square in downtown Newburyport, sponsored by the mayor's office and local interfaith clergy association.
• Orlando: An Interfaith Sharing of Lament, Solidarity and Hope at Emmanuel Church (15 Newbury Street) in Boston, 7 p.m., hosted with Central Reform Temple. This is a gathering of neighborhood religious communities, including the Church of the Covenant, the Cathedral Church of St. Paul, Old South Church and Trinity Church, as well as members of the Boston Gay Men's Chorus. Clergy and leaders from various traditions will share reflections, readings and prayer, and the gathering will join in songs of peace and hope.
• Candlelight vigil beginning at St. John’s Church (159 Main Street) in Sandwich at 7 p.m., with those gathered walking up the street with candles to First Church UCC (136 Main Street).
• The Lexington interfaith community will hold a prayer vigil on the Town Green, next to the Church of Our Redeemer at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 16:
• Interfaith Peace Vigil, 6 p.m., at St. Anne’s in-the-Fields Church (147 Concord Road) in Lincoln.
• Interfaith Prayer Vigil at 7 p.m. at St. Paul's Church (390 Main Street) in North Andover. Clergy are invited to wear vestments of their tradition.
Sunday, June 19:
• Interfaith Vigil of Hope and Healing, 12:30 p.m., Rex Field at St. Peter's Church (351 Elm Street) in Dartmouth