The Mission Strategy Implementation Organizing Team appointed by Diocesan Council and Bishop Alan M. Gates and Bishop Gayle E. Harris has been announced:
• George Chu, Church of the Good Shepherd, Dedham
• The Rev. Gay Cox, Trinity Church, Haverhill
• Katie Ernst, The Crossing, Cathedral Church of St. Paul, Boston
• Louise Gant, Church of the Holy Spirit, Mattapan
• Hilary Greene, St. Mary’s Church, Barnstable
• Isaac Martinez, St. James’s Church, Cambridge and The Crossing, Cathedral Church of St. Paul, Boston
• Kwame Ofori-Asante, St. Paul’s Church, Lynnfield
• The Rev. Joe Robinson, Christ Church, Cambridge
• The Rev. Matthew Stewart, Church of the Holy Spirit, Fall River
• Chris Trahan, St. Stephen’s Church, Lynn
Win Treese of St. Elizabeth’s Church in Sudbury will continue from the drafting team as co-chairperson of the implementation organizing team, with, as co-chairperson, the Rev. Nancy Gossling, who is an associate in ministry with Bethany House of Prayer in Arlington and worships at the Society of St. John the Evangelist Monastery Chapel in Cambridge.
Ex officio members of the implementation organizing team, along with the bishops, are the Rev. Canon Bill Parnell, Canon to the Ordinary; the Rev. Canon Libby Berman, Canon for Congregations; and the diocesan treasurer, Lisa Garcia.
The implementation organizing team is responsible for coordinating the work of living into the new mission strategy adopted by Diocesan Convention in November. The Diocesan Council, bishops and staff share responsibility for the team. Its role is to identify short-term actions and goals for 2017, develop a prioritized, sequenced plan to inform the 2018 diocesan budget and continue an open, participatory process that includes regular communication with the diocesan community.
The team’s co-chairpersons note: “The real work of implementation will involve members all around our diocese as we undertake both the initial actions outlined in the mission strategy as well as new ideas that emerge from continuing conversations about our mission.”