The Episcopal Church, in collaboration with a coalition of interfaith partners led by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), will offer a virtual webinar on “Good Trouble for a Healthy Planet” on Sept. 24, 10 a.m. -1 p.m. EDT. It will address the impact of human activity on the planet and the urgent need for action to obtain sustainable and resilient communities globally and develop strategies for moving forward to address climate change.
Convening on the anniversary of the 2019 interfaith-based consultation to address the climate emergency, "Climate Emergency: Faith-based Organizations Raising Ambition - Leaving No One Behind” - this second interfaith consultation will feature opening and closing plenaries, as well as concurrent workshops that will run from 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. EDT. Presentations will be supported by web-based materials and social media tools to be used throughout the day by participating organizations.
The consultation will feature interactive workshops on:
- Envisioning a Sustainable and Just Economy for a Resilient World
- Taking Responsibility for the Climate
- Buen Vivir: pathways to a healthier planet
- How to Activate More People of Faith to Action
- Solutions that Work: Adaptation and Mitigation
- Climate Migration (including displaced persons)
- Climate Grief
- Restoration and Nature Based Solutions
Access descriptions of the workshops here.
Register for this online event here.
Registration Deadline: Close of business on Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com.