This Lent, you are invited into a practice of experiencing grief for the Creation, as we acknowledge the terrible harm we are inflicting on “the body of God”—our home. At the same time, you are invited to fall in love with the God-infused world around us by seeing, feeling, hearing, and sensing Creation together.
There are two ways to do this:
1) Six weekly outdoor gatherings (with COVID precautions) in the Arlington area, on Sundays at 3 p.m., beginning Feb. 21 (see schedule below) OR
2) Materials to be used outdoors for your household or small gathering, which you can request. Adaptable for many ages.
Each week will focus on one element of Creation (air, water, earth, critters, etc.) and will include paying attention, movement, reflection on Scripture and prayers/litanies. The planned Arlington-area gatherings, appropriate for older children, youth and adults, are:
- Sunday, Feb. 21 at 3 p.m. (Air) Arlington
- Sunday, Feb. 28 at 3 p.m. (Water) Arlington
- Sunday, March 7 at 3 p.m. (Soil) Arlington
- Sunday, March 14 at 3 p.m. (Trees) Arlington
- Sunday, March 21 at 3 p.m. (Animals) Location TBD
- Sunday, March 28 at 3 p.m. ("Pests” and “Weeds”) Lexington
Find the series flier here. For specific location information, to sign up for in-person gatherings or to request household/church materials, click here. To learn more, including parking, public transit and accessibility of in-person gatherings, contact the Rev. Lise Hildebrandt at email@example.com.