The Mission Strategy Drafting Team is currently creating a draft of a new mission strategy for the Diocese of Massachusetts. The draft mission strategy will be available in early August. After its release, the team will hold multiple forums around the diocese allowing time to imagine how this mission strategy might shape and give life to the diocesan community in the years ahead. Areas in the draft needing strengthening or retooling may be adjusted after these forums as the team readies a proposed mission strategy for the annual Diocesan Convention in November.
The team asks the diocesan community to be on the lookout for updates, plan now to participate in one of the forums or a survey (see below) and continue to hold the team and this diocese in prayer.
Forums will be held on:
• Sunday, Aug. 14, 3-4:30 p.m. at St. Cyprian’s Church (1073 Tremont Street) in Roxbury;
• Monday, Aug. 15, 7-8:30 p.m. at Grace Church (385 Essex Street) in Salem;
• Tuesday, Aug. 16, 7-8:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s Church (3055 Main Street) in Barnstable;
• Tuesday, Aug. 16, 7-8:30 p.m. at All Saints’ Church (121 North Main Street) in Attleboro;
• Wednesday, Aug. 17, 7-8:30 p.m. at Christ Church (12 Quincy Avenue) in Quincy; and
• Sunday, Aug. 21, 3-4:30 p.m. at St. Andrew’s Church (7 Faulkner Street) in Ayer.
A phone and online survey will also be available for those who cannot attend a forum in person. The surveys will be open Aug. 8-22, online at tinyurl.com/draftforum and by phone, toll free, at 855-208-5877.
A bulletin insert is available here to help spread the word in congregations.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information and updates, as they become available, are posted at www.diomass.org/new-mission-strategy.