This is a six hour training session designed to:
1. Increase awareness regarding sexual misconduct
2. Increase awareness of abuse of power
3. Outline steps toward preventing abuse
4. Offer ways to intervene when misconduct occurs,
5. Equip anyone in a position of parish leadership with ways of healing and rebuilding the body of Christ.
Doors open at 8 am for registration and light refreshments. Lunch will be provided by Grace Church; please indicate on the registration form if you have dietary restrictions.
This training is required of all clergy and diocesan employees. It is also suitable for all employees of congregations, for wardens, vestry members, Eucharistic Visitors (EV), pastoral visitors, youth leaders, confirmation sponsors, retreat mentors, acolyte leaders, choir directors, church school teachers, and volunteers working in the parish on a regular basis.
You may want to check with your clergy to see if your safe church registration fee is covered by the congregation or is paid by each individual; both methods are common. Financial assistance with the cost of this training is available. For more information, please contact Matt Roias at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-482-4826, ext. 416.
Learn more and register here.