Leading by example can be a powerful part of our moral commitment to care for creation. By reducing the carbon footprints at our houses of worship we also lower energy bills and free up funds needed for other important purposes. Participants will learn what to do about:
• Electricity — How to recognize the major energy hogs — and what to do about them.
• Solar Power — Is solar an option for your congregation?
• Heat & Air Conditioning — Is it time for an upgrade?
• Building Envelope — How to make your congregation more comfortable & save money.
• Behavior — How simple actions can reduce your energy bill – and carbon footprint – by 10% or more.
1:30 p.m.: Registration, refreshments and networking.
2-5:30 p.m.: Workshop, presenters are Jim Nail, Tom Nutt-Powell and Bill Schroeder.
All faiths welcome.
Clergy, lay leaders and building and creation care committee members encouraged to attend. Two attendees per house of worship recommended. Light refreshments will be served. Fee is $20 payable online through PayPal, or at the door by check.
Register in advance at http://conta.cc/2rsBUAh. Advance registration closes on Oct. 11.
For more information contact Vince Maraventano at vince@MIPandL.org or 617-244-0755.
Sponsored by the Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ, First Church of Christ in Longmeadow and the Springfield Area Interfaith Climate Action Coalition (SAICAN).
Unable to join us in Longmeadow on Oct. 15? Come to the SHOW Workshop on Saturday, Nov. 18 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Edwards Church, 39 Edwards Street, Framingham.