Leading by example can be a powerful part of our moral responsibility to care for creation. We can reduce the carbon footprints at our houses of worship by up to 70% and also lower energy bills to free up funds needed for mission and ministry. Participants will learn what to do about:
• Electricity – How to recognize the major energy hogs – and what to do about them.
• Solar Power – Is solar an option for you?
• Heat & Air Conditioning – Is it time for an upgrade?
• Building Envelope – How to make your congregation more comfortable & save money.
• Behavior – How simple actions can reduce your energy bill – and carbon footprint – by 10% or more.
8:30 am: Registration, refreshments and networking.
9:00 am-3:00 pm: Workshop: Presenters are Bill Schroeder and Vince Maraventano
Clergy, lay leaders, building & creation care committee members encouraged to attend. SHOW workshops are a required step for applying for a green loan from the Diocese of Massachusetts.
We recommend 2 attendees per house of worship. Lunch will be available but those registering after April 25 are asked to bring a sandwich just in case.
To register or for additional information call Lynn Eaton at (603) 224-1914x112