These mental health and domestic violence resources are in response to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
Stress and coping
- MassSupport.org is a free, confidential mental health service.
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (24/7) or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- Samaritans Statewide Helpline: 1-877-870-4673
The Samaritans Statewide Helpline is available to anyone in Massachusetts who is need of emotional support. Anyone can call or text the helpline to receive help from specially trained volunteers.
- The COVID Grief Network, is an emerging project that connects young adults (20s-30s) who are grieving the COVID-19 illness or death of someone close to them with free emotional and spiritual support--and to each other.
- The Trevor Project: 24-help via hotline, chat or text for LGBTQ young people and their friends
- Mental Health First Aid USA
- The Bridge: A Center for Hope and Healing: 508-997-0903
The Bridge, located at St. Peter's Church in Dartmouth, has expanded its services to include tele-health counseling, and licensed therapists are available for video call sessions and telephone support. Most major health insurances are accepted.
- Resources compiled by The Center for Complicated Grief at Columbia University:
- Managing Bereavement around the Coronavirus
- Managing Stress: Tips for Coping with the Stress of COVID-19
- MGH Psychiatry Guide to Mental Health Resources for COVID-19
- Stigma: Viruses don’t discriminate and neither should we
Talking to children about the impact of COVID-19
Finding the Right Words to Talk with Children and Teens about Coronavirus
Talking with Children about Coronavirus
- “Addressing Isolation and Quarantine” webinar from Episcopal Relief & Development
- “Tips For Social Distancing, Quarantine and Isolation During An Infectious Disease Outbreak,” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- “Connection in the Midst of an Epidemic,” from Episcopal Relief & Development
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (24/7)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673 (24/7)
- Massachusetts Domestic Violence Resources:
Substance abuse and addiction
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline:
1-800-662-HELP (4357) (24/7)
- SAMHSA Resources: www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
- Massachusetts Substance Abuse Helpline: 1-800-327-5050
(Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-10 p.m.; Weekends 8 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Hotline: 1-844-334-6862; Meeting Locator
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA) Massachusetts Hotline: 1-855-2CALLGA (855-222-5542);
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255