"With long life I will satisfy them and show them my salvation." Psalm 91:16
Lifespan Ministry with Older Adults is a ministry to meet the growing and diverse priorities of aging adults, their care partners and their congregations. Building on the work of the now completed Cape and Islands Mission Hub, and in response to a resolution adopted by the 2017 Diocesan Convention, Lifespan Ministry with Older Adults is devoted to supporting age inclusivity in our communities of faith. Lifespan Ministry with Older Adults participants are ready to listen to the needs of faith communities in order to engage with and support ongoing development of a tool kit of relevant presentations and services.
Resources for congregations
Here are some presentations currently offered or under development by this ministry:
• Becoming an Age-Friendly and Dementia-Friendly Congregation
• Continuing Faith Enhancement
• Developing a Listening Presence
• Supporting Care Partners
Additional community resources
Lifespan Ministry is working in collaboration with other secular organizations dedicated to providing support to older adults. Here are some additional resources:
• Elder Abuse and Neglect Hotline: 800-922-2275
Executive Office of Elder Affairs information about reporting abuse and neglect
• Aging Services Access Points (ASAPs) are organizations operating under the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs that serve specific geographic areas of Massachusetts and work in collaboration with local councils on aging and other resources to meet the needs of older adults: Aging Services Access Points state website
• www.nextavenue.org: A nonprofit journalism website produced by Twin Cities PBS
Lifespan Ministry with Older Adults contacts
For additional information or to schedule a presentation, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rev. Phil Flaherty, Missioner, at email@example.com or 617-257-8169
Marilee Comerford, RN, Assistant Missioner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Aging Services Resources by Town and The Family Caregiver Handbook are a compilation of resources developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.