The diocese’s Congregational Consultants are sponsoring their annual Congregational Business Practices Workshop four times in February and March to give congregational leaders--especially those new to their roles--an exposure to the basics of good business practices in general, and Episcopal Church business practices in particular.
The workshop covers general business practices; compensation and benefits; compliance and reporting; bookkeeping and audits; and safeguarding of assets. These workshops are important for vestry members, treasurers, officers and clergy--anyone involved in the business matters of the congregation.
The workshop will be offered on these four Saturdays, each from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
• Feb. 22 at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul (138 Tremont Street) in Boston (register online here);
• Feb. 29 at St. Mark's Church (10 St. Mark's Road) in Burlington (register online here);
• March 14 at St. Peter's Church (165 Main Street) in Buzzards Bay (register online here); and
• March 21 at St. Paul's Church (26 Washington Street) in Malden (register online here).
Regional Wardens Days are a new offering this year designed to equip wardens for leadership through studying and praying together, reflecting on successes and challenges, sharing resources and building collegiality with other wardens. These opportunities are a response to the diocesan mission strategy’s call to bring resources to congregations and support lay leadership. Wardens are invited to note the gathering for their region, save the date and register:
• Southern Region: Saturday, March 7 at Christ Church (149 Court Street) in Plymouth (register online here);
• Northern and Western Region: Saturday, March 28 at the Parish of the Epiphany (70 Church Street) in Winchester (register online here); and
• Central Region: Saturday, May 9 at Trinity Church (414 Sumner Street) in Stoughton (register online here).