We believe in the transforming power of the witness, passion and leadership of young people both within their churches and in the larger community, and we hope to build that power through formation, fellowship and resource sharing.
We are committed to nourishing the visible leadership of young adults and looking for innovative ways to integrate young people and young adult ministry into all areas of our communal life, at both the local and diocesan level.
Discernment and vocation
Discerning your vocation, your calling in ministry, is an essential spiritual practice for all Christians.
Too often this practice is reserved for those considering ordained ministry, but let’s face it—the vast majority of ministers of the Gospel are not clergy.
Click here to find a few resources for those seeking to seek and serve Christ in the world.
In the news
UTO Young Adult and Seminarian grants support creative ministry projects in Diocese of Mass.:
The Episcopal Church Executive Council in June approved seven United Thank Offering (UTO) Young Adult and Seminarian grants, two of which were awarded to recipients in the Diocese of Massachusetts.
Read the full story here.
Watch the Young Adult Ministries video that was presented via Zoom at the 235th annual Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020, below.
Young Adult Advisory Committee
The Young Adult Advisory Committee was created in response to a resolution adopted by the 2019 Diocesan Convention in response to a report from the 20s and 30s Task Force. The committee is committed to find ways to better engage young people in the life of the church.
- Isaac Martinez, St. Paul's Church, Brookline, Co-Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ron Yang, Christ Church, Cambridge, Co-Chair
- Chloë Abu-Jaber, St. Paul's Church, Brookline
- Katelin Copithorne, St. Andrew's Church, Framingham
- Nicholas Heaney, St. David's Church, South Yarmouth
- Mia Kano, St. Andrew's Church, Wellesley
- Thea Keith-Lucas, Lutheran Episcopal Ministry at MIT, Cambridge
- Ángel Marrero, Christ Church/Iglesia San Juan, Hyde Park & Santuario Luterano, Waltham
- Sarah Neumann, Trinity Church, Boston
- Rita Powell, Episcopal Chaplaincy at Harvard, Cambridge
- Cara Rockhill, St. Andrew’s Church, Marblehead
- Sarah van Gulden, Trinity Church, Haverhill and Urban Bridges
- Jane Ward, St. John's Church, Gloucester