A Toolkit for Reparations in Community: A Resource for the Body of Christ
A Toolkit for Reparations in Community: A Resource for the Body of Christ has been developed by our diocesan Racial Justice Commission's Subcommittee on Reparations, as called for in the resolution "A Call for Repentance and Reparations" adopted by Diocesan Convention in 2020.
A Toolkit for Reparations in Community comprises several separate documents (linked below and also attached at the bottom of this page as PDFs):
- The Process Toward Reparations: A Template
- Reparations 101
- The Episcopal Church and Slavery: A Historical Narrative
- Reparations Resources and Suggested Reading
"What is Truth?: An Embodied Lenten Series"
- "What is Truth?" 2022 Lenten Series Introduction & Overview
- Session 1: Telling the Truth
- Session 2: Moving with Tension
- Session 3: Rooting in Relationship
- Session 4: Moving at the Speed of Trust
- Session 5: (Repair)ations
- Session 6: Building Resilience
Questions and feedback are welcome by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This toolkit and its elements, like the journey toward reparations, are a work in progress, never completely done. The Subcommittee on Reparations looks forward to an ever-expanding circle of experiences and wisdom in its ongoing development.