General Convention , the Episcopal Church’s bicameral governing body, meets once every three years to set the direction of the church’s mission and ministry, worship and liturgy, policies and budget. Each diocese elects and sends up to four clergy and four lay persons to the House of Deputies--comprising more than 800 members total. The House of Bishops comprises the church’s approximately 300 bishops.
The 80th General Convention takes place June 30-July 9, 2021, in Baltimore, Md.
Diocese of Massachusetts deputies to the 80th General Convention are:
• Byron Rushing, St. John St. James Church, Roxbury
• Betsy Ridge Madsen, Church of the Advent, Boston
• William C. Boyce, Grace Church, New Bedford
• Brian Litzenberger, Trinity Church, Concord
• The Rev. Edwin Johnson, St. Mary's Church, Dorchester
• The Rev. H. Mark Smith, Cathedral Church of St. Paul, Boston
• The Rev. Chris Wendell, St. Paul's Church, Bedford
• The Rev. Dr. Karen Coleman, Trinity Church, Boston and Boston University
Alternate deputies will be elected at Diocesan Convention in 2020.